Saturday, April 11, 2009

Who will I meet next?

Well, today was an interesting day at work. Most of you know that I work at Anthropologie as an Operations Manager. I was minding my own business, running the floor, and I go to greet an older lady who has a jacket in her hand. She looked kind of familiar to me. I talked to her for a few minutes. She said that she was looking for something for her daughter that was a teacher in Austin. She needed something with long sleeves to cover up a tattoo. This is how our conversation went:
Me: "You look a lot like an actress off of a tv show that I watch, "Friday Night Lights."

Customer: "Because I am."

She plays the grandma off of "Friday Night Lights." Her name is Louanne Stephenson. We had such a great conversation about her being on the show and about some of the other actors on the show. I told her how much I enjoyed watching the show and how great it was. I was very sincere in my compliments because it is one of my favorite shows that I look forward to each week. She was so sweet and she ended up buying the pants that I suggested to go with the jacket. (click here to see the outfit I picked out for her) I felt like I had made a new friend. When I rung her up I asked her how long she had been acting. She said that she had just started 20 years before. She was probably in her late 60s or early 70s. I told her that I loved playing the guitar and singing. I told her that sometimes I felt that I was too old to start a career in music because it seems nowadays you have to start show business from infancy. She said that acting was a hobby that she liked and finally decided to pursue it. She told me to never let age get in the way of anything and to just do it! She promised to come back and visit me and left me with a hug. Louanne, you are really something.

This evening, the cast of "Friday Night Lights" wrapped up season 3 with their season finale. Louanne was able to tell me that they had signed on with NBC to do 2 more seasons. That made my night! Thank you Louanne for spending the evening shopping at Anthropologie at The Shops at Willowbend!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

wow girl, that is awesome! you can find me every single friday night on my couch watching. and i think i cry during EVERY episode! seriously, my favorite show! i was sad it was the finale last week, but happy to hear from you that they will be back! by-the-way, i don't see my blog listed on the side of yours...love ya!