Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 4: Favorite Bands and Artists

I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE music!! It was really hard to narrow it down to just 3 artists, but here is goes:


1. Ray LaMontagne: I saw him back in 2006 at ACL. Going to ACL was a live changing experience for me so seeing Ray while I was there made it even better. Some of my favorite songs of his: "Empty," "Hold You In My Arms," "Shelter," "All the Wild Horses," "You Are the Best Thing" and "Lesson Learned." Here is a musical snack from Ray:


http://youtu.be/hzmKCxEghuA


2. Dolly Parton: I don't care who you are, you have a go to Dolly song in your repertoire. I have loved Dolly ever since I was a little girl. Living in Tennessee, we had a lot of exposure to her. I remember listening to her book on tape going to and from school. I love to sing her songs at Karaoke and I think she is just fabulous! One of my favorite songs she sings is "Jolene." It was her first of many blockbuster of songs she would release. One of my favorite performances of her singing "Jolene" is when she appeared on CMT Crossroads with Melissa Etheridge. They both sang the heck out it so take it away Dolly....and Melissa!!


http://youtu.be/dMlFG7UFVvc



3. Joshua Radin: I have seen this guy more than any other artist. 5 to be exact. In fact, the last time I saw him, his "people" sent me free tickets because I said on Facebook that I planned on attending. I have had several conversations with him and am confident that if he saw me on the street he would remember me. Some of my favorite songs that he sings are, " Lovely Tonight," "What if You," "Paperweight," "Closer," "They Bring Me to You," "You Got What I Need" and so much more!! If you ever get the chance to see him live, please do. It will rock your world! P.S. Ellen is a huge fan too!


http://youtu.be/PE08LeKxDT4






3 comments:

Andrea said...

ACL - this year - you gotta get a ticket and come! And we need to see Joshua Radin together next time he comes.

erin leigh said...

dolly has a special place in my heart too!

Kris and Libby Brown said...

Check, check and check. Love them all! one of my favorite times ever is going to see JR the night I got engaged. Such a great day!